Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Lenten Special


I'm back!  After a long hiatus I am going to try to update more frequently--rather than every few months or so.  I'm sure you know how it goes...new projects, new schedules, new activites...it can consume all of your time and then some. 

So anyway...we have started the Lenten season.  C decided to give up her iPod.  No more gaming or dancing for her for 40 days.  Good choice!  Much to my relief, my almost 12 y/o Pey decided to give up eyeliner.  Hmmm...does a 6th grader really need to wear eyeliner?  Nonetheless, I am thankful for her sacrifice as well.  K's plans include the generic "losing weight" while I decided I wanted to try something different.  Yes--this farm-raised, mid-western girl is giving up beef for Lent.  What this really means is that our ENTIRE family is giving up beef for Lent.  We're only a few days into it, but so far so good.  What are you giving up?





No comments:

Post a Comment