Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dance Moms

Tonight on our way home from volleyball practice and on our way to church, Peyton told me she wanted to start her own dance studio when she was older.  I'm not sure if it's because she loves to dance or if we've been watching a few too many episodes of Dance Moms.  What a train wreck!  Don't even get me started on it--because I'm ashamed to admit I watch it every now and then Tuesday on Lifetime at 8:00 pm (that's Channel 1028 for my O! peeps).  Is it wrong of me to keep egging my kids on to ask their dance teacher (who is a fabulous lady and wonderful teacher, btw) if she's ever watched Dance Moms?

Anyway, here's a shot of the neighborhood dance troupe.  We hosted a recital at our house last fall and they're working on producing another show in early summer.  They choreograph their dances, design their own costumes, and even do their own hair and makeup for the recital.  It is a BIG DEAL!


Now the "Mom-ager" in me is coming out.  Tickets will go on sale in May.  Immediate family is free, but other price levels will include:  VIP Pass $295--includes a meet and greet with the dancers and a seat on the couch; $139 - seating on the floor near the bar; and $89 - stairway seating.

No comments:

Post a Comment